We are searching for an experienced CNC Punch Technician capable of ensuring proper cutting of various metals with a wide variety of patterns, tools, quality and production requirements. Strong ability to set-up and troubleshoot CNC punch equipment. The right person will enjoy learning the machine capabilities and constraints while meeting production requirements. We are using Trumpf machines to produce art work and panels for the most beautiful buildings in the world. Works under general supervision where a degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Zahner offers a friendly work environment where one person can make a difference along with an attractive compensation package and excellent benefits package. If you are interested in working where the worlds of art, architecture and manufacturing intersect then we want to hear from you.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS for CNC Operator
- Ability to setup and operate CNC Punch that cut a variety of flat sheet alloys to maintain optimal edge quality and dimensional accuracy.
- Studies manufacturing order, sketches, drawings, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Acquire tooling as appropriate for job and set up machine. After punch press operation, remove tooling and transfer tooling back to respective locations as appropriate.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed & feed.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Confers with programmer, manufacturing engineer, maintenance or others to resolve machining problems.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of scrap/waste generated in their work area.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of CNC codes and programming.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- AS Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years operating a CNC Laser