We are searching for a Project Engineer to support engineering operations at Zahner. Project Engineers develop custom systems for manufacturing. The position is located in our Kansas City office.
Roles and Responsibilites
- Use CAD software to create fabrication models and drawings
- Use well defined methods to perform tasks requiring standard & routine engineering technique/disciplines
- Accuracy and support continuous improvement and change management
- Assist with computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks
- Organize and manage work assignments
We offer a competitive salary, excellent group benefits, 401k with match, bonus and profit sharing, career opportunity, extraordinary high profile projects and an environment where one person makes a difference.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in architecture, mechanical, or architectural engineering. Related fields or relevant experience will also be considered
- Experience with Rhino or Grasshopper
- CAD proficiency in AutoCAD, DraftSight, CATIA or Solidworks
- Organizing and coordination skills
- Experience in 3D Modeling Software
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Job will generally be performed in a team based office environment, but may require traveling to a client or subcontractor’s office, to a production facility or a construction job site.
- Job requires extensive interaction with shop floor fabrication technicians. Will be exposed to sharp objects, tools, NC machines, welding equipment, chemicals, adhesives and other equipment. The noise level in the shop is usually moderate to high. Safety glasses, appropriate clothing and closed toe footwear will be at all times when on the shop floor
- Conditions will vary at each job site location. Will be required to wear a hard hat, safety glasses and safety vest when in a construction zone. May be required to take the safety training onsite for some jobs if site visits are frequent during the course of a project. May involve exposure to varying weather conditions, climbing, maneuvering heavy construction equipment and long periods of standing on site or working from a trailer
- Job may require traveling to other parts of the country and maybe overseas at times. Travel times may vary from a few days to over a week based on particular requirements