We are searching for a Project Manager to support engineering operations at Zahner. Project Managers work with the larger project team to provide successful project delivery and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, budget and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The position is located in our Kansas City office and reports directly to the Sr. Project Engineering Manager.
Roles and Responsibilites
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Coordinate project staff
- Manage and communicate project budget and changes to budget
- Manage project resource allocation and impact on project timeline
- Plan, report and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent group benefits, 401k with match, bonus and profit sharing, career opportunity, extraordinary high profile projects and an environment where one person makes a difference.
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in construction science, project management or related field
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Direct work experience in project management
- Project management skills, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizing and coordination skills
- Experience in 3D Modeling Software
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Job will generally be performed in a team based office environment, but may require traveling to a client or subcontractor’s office, to a production facility or a construction job site. Job may require traveling to other parts of the country and maybe overseas at times. Travel times may vary from a few days to over a week based on particular requirements
- • Approximately 50% time in office using computer to develop and review project management timelines, construction drawings, contact information and financial information
- Ability to view detailed technical drawings and very small print and instruction accurately
- Ability to work and walk around construction sites and manufacturing floor observing work methods, material measurements
- Use of measuring devices including calipers, measuring tapes, etc
Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process.