Now seeking passionately curious interns for Summer 2020!
We are searching for a Interns to support engineering operations at Zahner. Internships are available in the below departments for 2020 and all positions are located in our Kansas City office.
For over 120 years Zahner has pioneered advances in the architectural metal industry, by developing and applying the science of metal fabrication and aircraft-grade engineering technologies. Zahner is known throughout the world for precision craftsmanship in the production of designs by bold architects. The museum level craft and engineering that Zahner consistently provides can be found throughout the world. Recent, featured projects include Kauffman Center for Performing Arts in Kansas City, MO (Moshe Safdi), Peterson Auto Museum in Los Angeles, CA (KPF), Broad Art Museum in Lansing, MI (Zaha Hadid).
We offer a competitive hourly compensation and a monthly housing stipend for qualifying applicants coming from outside of the Kansas City area. Internship start and end dates are flexible- we are able to accommodate varying academic schedules.
See results from past interns here.
Open areas include:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Production Engineering / Product Engineering
- Engineering Sales
Position Essential Functions
• The candidate should assist Engineers making 3D models, drawings, scripting, creating bill of materials and other engineering documents. (Rhino, Grasshopper, Python, C#, Catia, Revit, AutoCad, CAM packages, and additional programming languages)
• Should execute tasks assigned by Project Engineers including but not limited to developing engineering libraries, researching and cataloging products and processes used at Zahner and production type tasks.
• Provide hands-on support for executing automated production processes.
• Undertake other tasks as directed.
Qualifications, Educational Requirements, Experience
• Looking for students in an engineering/architecture or technical programs (Engineering, Architecture, Manufacturing, Computer Science, Analysis & Optimization )
• Prefer candidates with parametric 3D modeling, computer programming and or sheet metal fabrication knowledge
• Basic understanding of standard architectural drawing notations preferred
• Basic understanding of CNC machines preferred